Originally Harold Iremonger & Sons, the business was established in the mid 1950’s and is the longest serving company in town. Dickie Burman and Ian Grindle purchased the business in 1987 and their youth and enthusiasm brought a new dimension to local real estate. Through innovative leadership and proven performance Whangamata Real Estate established itself as a leading force in the local market.
1997 saw another change when Southlanders Russell and Sue Hunt took over the helm. With the addition of three new offices, an expanding sales team and the introduction of substantial technology they have taken an already thriving business from strength to strength.
Whiritoa office opened in 1998, Waihi Beach in 2001 and in 2004 The Whangamata Property Management Centre opened its doors backed by a specialist sales team. In 2008 we sold the Waihi Beach office to our Branch Manager which now enables us to focus our attention on Whangamata and Whiritoa.
Since the sudden loss of our Principal Russell Hunt in 2009, Sue remained the Managing Director of the company until March 2011 when the business was sold to Murray and Barbara Cleland.
Whangamata Real Estate’s constant growth and increasing market share means we continue to be market leaders!
The company vision is to provide an environment where our team can be the best in the business. We are committed to employing the right people who work with the philosophy that client satisfaction and repeat business is the only true measure of success.